The best sleeping position isn’t a one-size fits all solution. Each person has a different body type and has different preferences and needs. Keep reading through this blog to find out the pro’s and con’s of each sleeping position.
- Sleeping on your left side can decrease acid reflux, improve digestion and improve circulation.
- Enables the spine to stay in a neutral position thus helping decrease neck and back pain.
- Can help decrease snoring and sleep apnoea symptoms.
- Can cause shoulder, neck, hip and back pain.
- May put more strain on your pressure points.
- Could lead to more wrinkles and saggy breasts – yikes!
- Give’s you a chance to rest your spine in it’s most natural position. This can help prevent neck, shoulder and back pain.
- Help’s decrease acid reflux.
- Decreases formation of wrinkles.
- Exacerbates snoring and sleep apnoea.
- One of the most comfy positions.
- Extreme curvature of the spine can cause back and neck pain.
- Can limit breathing.
- Can reduce snoring and help with sleep apnoea.
- Causes neck and back pain as your back is in an unnatural position and your neck is jammed to the side.
- Increases chance of waking up feeling anxious.
Take all of these pro’s and con’s into consideration when choosing your sleeping position. They could be the difference between a great night’s sleep and a pain free day, and a restless night filled with aches and pains.